This Returns Policy is applicable to goods purchased online from Everest Holdings Limited trading as www.bigbrandsonline.co.nz (‘Big Brands Online’) only.
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA), you have guaranteed legal rights for goods you buy.
These are called ‘consumer guarantees’, and include the following:
- A guarantee that the goods are of acceptable quality, such that the goods are:
- A guarantee that the goods are fit for any particular purpose made known by you or for which we represent that they are or will be fit
- fit for all the purposes for which goods of that type are commonly supplied;
- free from minor defects
- acceptable in appearance and finish
- A guarantee that the goods correspond with any description with which the goods are supplied
- A guarantee that the goods correspond with any sample/demonstration model where the goods are supplied by reference to such a sample or model
We will always meet our obligations under the CGA to provide a remedy if the goods don’t meet a consumer guarantee. These guarantees are in addition to any warranty offered by a manufacturer.
The CGA does not apply where goods have been used in a manner, or to an extent which is inconsistent with the manner or extent of use that a consumer would expect to obtain from the goods and the goods would have complied with the guarantee of acceptable quality if they hadn’t been used in the manner/extent they were.
GOODS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT
Goods are very carefully packed to minimise the possibility of damage. However, once they leave the warehouse they are out of our control. When the delivery company arrive they will ask you to sign a docket confirming that you received the goods in good condition.
PLEASE DO NOT SIGN FOR THE GOODS AS RECEIVED IN GOOD CONDITION UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE OF THIS!
If goods arrive damaged, the following procedures must be followed:
- make contact within 24 hours of delivery with the office of Big Brands Online by calling 0800 673377
- provide photographs of the damage to the item and if applicable to the packaging
- your details will then be forwarded to the ‘Warranty Team’ who will make contact with you
- a course of action will then follow and the goods (depending on the type of damage), will either be repaired, replaced or a member of the team will discuss their thoughts for a remedy with you.
- if the item is being returned, the ‘Warranty Team’ will discuss and arrange this for you
- the outcome will then be discussed with the Manager of Big Brands Online
- Please be aware that if you do not follow this procedure, we may not be able to replace goods that are later reported as damaged.
If the goods do not comply with a consumer guarantee, the goods will be repaired or replaced with goods of an identical type. If they cannot be repaired or replaced within a reasonable timeframe, the purchase price will be refunded.
If the failure is deemed to be major and constitutes a ‘failure of substantial character’ as set out in section 21 of the CGA, the goods can be;
- returned and replaced with the same type and similar value as the original goods
- alternatively you may elect to retain the goods and obtain compensation for a reduction in the price of the goods (at the discretion of the supplier)
- you can also opt for a refund of the purchase price
CHANGE OF MIND
Shopping on-line is a little different, however if you should change your mind about the item you have ordered/purchased, you must notify Big Brands Online immediately. A restocking fee of 15% will be charged and if the goods have already been dispatched and/or delivered, the cost of freight to return the goods will also be deducted from the purchase price.
Goods must be sealed/unopened with the packaging in original condition and accompanied with a valid receipt/invoice. You will be offered an exchange based on the value paid at the time of purchase.
Refunds will be issued at the discretion of Everest Holdings Limited, trading as Big Brands Online and will normally be processed within five (5) working days.